At Nando’s, the General Manager runs the family business as their own. They live our culture, demonstrate our values and above all- drive results, performance, and team development. In this role, the General Manager delegates appropriately and effectively to both develop and empower the next generation of restaurant leaders, ensuring a healthy pipeline of promotable Managers and Assistant General Manager’s. The General Manager harbors a “team ownership” culture inside their four walls by broadcasting sales figures, goals and the shared vision for a growing business. As a key stakeholder, the General Manager assumes majority responsibility in the efficiency and profitability of their business. As with all members of the Nando’s family, there is an expectation to wear multiple hats, seek out opportunities to make us and themselves better every day and in general, be a good team player!
Lead Your Team…
- Be a leader of your team by inspiring confidence in their abilities.
- Create a pipeline of future leaders by effectively training, coaching, and developing your people to take on additional responsibility
- Engage with guests and Nandocas to develop relationships and create lasting connections.
- Effectively and consistently provide feedback, coaching and communicate disciplinary actions, as required to ensure accountability to Nando's standards and policies
- Practice and support appropriate goal setting with Assistant General Manager and Restaurant Managers.
- Practice and exude professional language and demeanor at all times to navigate and resolve situations with both Nandocas and guests
- Effectively delegate tasks to empower and develop your Assistant General Manager and Restaurant Managers
- Own and execute performance reviews and goal setting with your Assistant General Manager and Restaurant Managers
Manage Your Business…
- Display complete knowledge and ownership of Nando's food safety and operational standards to ensure and safe guest and Nandoca experience.
- Be the example for the safety and security of your People and Restaurant by safeguarding keys, securing doors, and setting the alarm.
- Ensure the weekly completion and accuracy of inventory, Administrative File, and validity of time keeping for submitting to Payroll.
- Teach and manage the skill of writing effective Manager and Nandoca schedules that properly correlate to financial targets.
- Practice and lead responsible Cash Management including: monies issued, safe counts, deposit preparation, cashier check outs, discount authorizations, refunds, and voids following Nando's policies
- Thoroughly execute all opening duties: Read the Manager Communication Log (MCL), review the staff line up for the shift, check catering orders and ensure operational preparedness to execute, review sales forecast for the day, validate previous days inventory, complete prep sheet, complete any food and beverage orders required, count safe, assign cash drawers, order change, complete chicken cook sheet.
- Own Back of House duties during the shift, to include: completion of prep and pull/thaw lists, full utilization of the cook sheet to call chicken, and consistently performing timely and accurate line checks.
- Thoroughly conduct a Shift Changeover: Ensure the next manager and team of Nandocas are set up for success by making sure that all AM monies and safe are reconciled, food and production levels are validated, a final walk through is conducted and the Manager Communication Log (MCL) has been updated
- Thoroughly execute all closing duties, to include: Conduct final walk through to check for cleanliness, set up catering orders for the next day, complete closing inventory, reconcile all cash for the day, validate all time keeping for the day, run end of day reports, update the Manager Communication Log (MCL).
General Manager s will be the example in proficiency in all three Pillars of Excellence: People, Product, and Place. While in role, the General Manager will assign, mentor and lead further development in these areas among their Assistant General Manager and Restaurant Managers in order to drive Performance in preparation for promotion.
- People: Teach recruitment planning, interviewing, hiring, onboarding, training, and scheduling as well as how to drive effective Nandoca communication through regular meetings, communication boards and Pre-shifts. Energize, coach, and inspire your team consistently to exceed expectations. Lead team engagement and interpret and address survey results.
- Product: Inspire and expect a quality food program in your restaurant that meets both cost targets and standards while ensuring specifications on consistency, safety, and sanitation are met. Ensure weekly product inventory and ordering is completed and accurate. Oversee waste and food recycling programs. Conduct and follow up on food audits. Oversee menu change implementations to include training and execution. Deliver regular product knowledge and safety training for all Nandocas.
- Place: Ensure that our restaurants and equipment are well maintained and beautiful through preventative maintenance of equipment, recycling programs, pest control, replacement of light bulbs and furnishings, and management of merchandizing displays. Educate your team on our art program and the pieces on display in your restaurant.
- Performance: Protect our business through measurements of how well your restaurant is performing as seen by taking complete ownership of the profit and loss statement with a superior ability to troubleshoot and problem solve. Maintain your restaurant scorecard. Help to provide continuous hourly and manager training by driving compliance with cash handling procedures and conducting financial audits. Communicate financial related metrics and targets to Restaurant Managers and Nandocas and update them on weekly performance. Act as Brand Ambassador in the community and with local businesses to build sales in conjunction with the implementation and execution of marketing initiatives.
Other Job Details
- Must be certified in all hourly positions, pass manager training within allotted time and have completed any additional training with regards to the General Manager position
- Must be certified in Opening, Closing and Changeover Procedures
- Must be certified in Manager People, Product and Place modules.
- Must pass a background and credit check
- Must be able to work at any restaurant within region from a food/ alcohol licensing and transportation perspective.
Nandos North America provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.