Our Restaurant Managers are the guardians of the Nando’s experience for our guests and our people. They are instrumental in breathing the life of our strong culture into their restaurant while growing the next generation of restaurant leaders. In this role, Restaurant Managers ensure the restaurant operates efficiently and profitably. As with all members of the Nando’s family, there is an expectation to wear multiple hats, seek out opportunities to make us and themselves better every day and in general, be a good team player!
Lead Your Team…
- Be a leader of your peers and Nandocas by inspiring confidence in their abilities
- Engage with guests and Nandocas to develop relationships and create lasting connections
- Effectively train and develop your Nandocas to take on additional responsibility
- Effectively and consistently provide feedback, performance coaching and communicate disciplinary actions, as required to ensure accountability to Nando's standards and policies
- Practice and support appropriate goal setting with Nandocas
- Practice and exude professional language and demeanor at all times to navigate and resolve situations with both Nandocas and guests
- Effectively delegate tasks to empower Nandocas.
Manage Your Business…
- Lead all shifts to Nando’s food safety and operational standards while providing and an excellent and safe guest and Nandoca experience
- Utilize a base understanding of restaurant financials in order to oversee basic labor and food management
- Be responsible for the safety and security of your People and Restaurant by safeguarding keys, securing doors, and setting the alarm.
- Support marketing efforts, drive Nandoca salesmanship and guest experience contests
- Practice responsible Cash Management including: monies issued, safe counts, deposit preparation, cashier check outs, discount authorizations, refunds, and voids following Nando's policies
- Thoroughly execute all opening duties: Read the Manager Communication Log (MCL), review the staff line up for the shift, check catering orders and ensure operational preparedness to execute, review sales forecast for the day, validate previous days inventory, complete prep sheet, complete any food and beverage orders required, count safe, assign cash drawers, order change, complete chicken cook sheet.
- Own Back of House duties during the shift, to include: completion of prep and pull/thaw lists, full utilization of the cook sheet to call chicken, and consistently performing timely and accurate line checks.
- Thoroughly conduct a Shift Changeover: Ensure the next manager and team of Nandocas are set up for success by making sure that all AM monies and safe are reconciled, food and production levels are validated, a final walk through is conducted and the Manager Communication Log (MCL) has been updated
- Thoroughly execute all closing duties, to include: Conduct final walk through to check for cleanliness, set up catering orders for the next day, complete closing inventory, reconcile all cash for the day, validate all time keeping for the day, run end of day reports, update the Manager Communication Log (MCL).
Restaurant Managers will be progressively trained and expected to gain proficiency in all three Pillars of Excellence: People, Product, and Place. While in role, the RM will lead one of these areas.
- People: Energize, coach, engage and inspire your team consistently to exceed expectations. Actively and responsibly participate in Nandoca recruitment and interviewing ensuring only quality hires with growth potential are made. Support onboarding, training, and scheduling of Nandocas. Drive effective Nandoca communication through regular meetings, communication boards and Pre-shifts.
- Product: Lead a quality food program in your restaurant that meets both cost targets and standards while ensuring specifications on consistency, safety, and sanitation are met. Ensure weekly product inventory and ordering is completed and accurate. Oversee waste and food recycling programs. Conduct and follow up on food audits. Oversee menu change implementations to include training and execution. Deliver regular product knowledge and safety training for all Nandocas.
- Place: Ensure that our restaurants and equipment are well maintained and beautiful through preventative maintenance of equipment, recycling programs, pest control, replacement of light bulbs and furnishings, and management of merchandizing displays. Educate your team on our art program and the pieces on display in your restaurant.
Other Job Details
- Must be certified in all hourly positions and pass manager training within allotted time and have completed any additional training with regards to the Restaurant Manager position
- Must be certified in Opening, Closing and Changeover Procedures
- Must be certified in People, Product and Place modules within a reasonable amount of time.
- Must pass a background and credit check
- Must be able to work at any restaurant within region from a food/ alcohol licensing and transportation perspective.
- Salaried management position
- 50 hour work week